Pacemaker Editor in Windows 10 doesn't detect PM Device

enrico

Pacemaker Editor in Windows 10 doesn't detect PM Device

Post by enrico » Sun May 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi guys i have problem with my Pacemaker Editor because i make the update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now the PM editor doesn't see the PM in DEVICE window! I have just try to uninstall and reinstall the PM Editor but nothing change.
My PM Editor version is the last and the PM firmware is not the last one but i don't think that depends from PM firmware because windows recognize the PM. I try now to open all the program like PMUpdater and PMExplorer but anyone can detect the PM device.
I have search in the driver option and i have seen that there is an update between the drive that detect the PM in old version of Windows.
In the old version of Windows Xp the drive is Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device version 5.1.2535.0 and in Windows 10 is updated to Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device version 10.0.10586.0. Probably all the PM program need an update to the new Microsoft Drive for detect the device.
Why can i resolve my problem? thanks a lot.

yoda7

Re: Pacemaker Editor in Windows 10 doesn't detect PM Device

Post by yoda7 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi enrico

I had a similar issue but I thought it was the device that was fault (disk issue) so didn't search the forum for Editor issues.

Luckily I have a WIn 7 pc and got around the issue.

Have you tried running the editor in compatibility mode? I've not tried this myself but will give a try when I get chance and feedback.

It would be good for someone to update the Editor to be Win 10 compatible but doubt this would happen due to the lack of people still using the device and it's age.