Help needed

Can't work out where to post? Post here in the general section then!
Divjain

Help needed

Post by Divjain » Sun May 17, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi guys

I need your help , I got a pmd 60 gb was working fine but today I was using it in the car as a media player and had connected the device with the car charging cable the battery was at 10 percent the charging symbol was on but the device died after 30 min tried charging with usb but was of no help finally got a adapter mains 5w 2 amp and the device started but after the pm logo the screen went blank I thought I had bricked it somehow so with the charger plugged I did the steps as explained erases the Fs and the hdd but after rebooting it still acts the same also I still can't switch it on without the charger also I don't want to leave it on charge as I have already charged for 2 hrs but can't figure out if I shld leave it on charge or not any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Help needed

Post by Sox » Mon May 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Sounds to me like it is no longer charging and/or holding charge. Coukd be a dicky wire, the battery or the charging circuit. I wondered if the car charger burnt something out (though it should have been ok to do thus) or more likely that it never was charging (despite the symbol showing it was trying) which is why it died on you after a while.

Unless you can get it fixed or if you are lucky and replacing the battery fixes it for you, I'd say you are stuck with using it while plugged in only. I wouldn't worry about overcharging as I dont think it is charging. I have a spare pmd with no battery fitted. Works fine as long as mains is plugged in.

Note the above is just my opinion and I am not liable if your house burns down because of it ;)
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them