PM device disconnects when uploading case

Got a problem with your Pacemaker?
Don't worry, post here and we might be able to help out!
cetera

PM device disconnects when uploading case

Post by cetera » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:23 pm

hello! i used to use my PM a good deal, but took about a year break.
it still works ok as far as i can tell as far as using the device for playing/mixing my existing cases.

the problem is getting anything new onto it. i tried this before and after the firmware update that i found today.
dragging a case to the device case list, it starts to sync but then stops with an error, and the PM disconnects from the PC.

it shows up as a valid drive, but when i try to drag files onto it in explorer, the same thing happens. disconnect.

thanks for any help. :oops:

Schwarzie

Re: PM device disconnects when uploading case

Post by Schwarzie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Been tring everything and not getting anywhere. Would realy appreciate it if anyone can shed any light?

Everything is functioning normally but as soon as any type of data is transferred to the device it will crash out pretty sharpish.

Im at the point now where I think I will need to transfer out the HDD using the guide on this forum.

Cheers

Schwarzie

Post by Schwarzie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Found a solution to this just now :-)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=70

My PC has a couple of USB ports on the front for usb sticks, headphones etc. I used one of those to update my pacemaker and since ive been on windows 7 64bit its never worked as it should have and crashes all the time.

Its as easy as plugging in the pacemaker in via one of the usb ports on back of the pc. Works everytime now!

Best of luck

cetera

Post by cetera » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:58 pm

hmm, im in a slightly different situation but i will try this as an experiment

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:47 am

I'm wondering if your editor and firmware are misatched. use the latest for both.

Also may be worth checking for error messages in any log fikes. Will be somewhere like
C:\users\username\appdata\tonium\pacemaker.
May have to turn on showing of hidden folders
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them