PMD does not transfer Case-Data, just Tracks.

Got a problem with your Pacemaker?
Don't worry, post here and we might be able to help out!
irgendherr

PMD does not transfer Case-Data, just Tracks.

Post by irgendherr » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:33 pm

First of all, Thanks a lot for this Forum, it's godsent. Or "Some higher Power or Atheist Superhero of your liking"-sent.

Anyways; I just decided to give my PMD a try again.
Everything works splendid, it boots and i play my tunes on it (apart from my wav-files, strangely.)

The Only thing that does not work:
I drag and drop the playlist from the "cases"-menu of the "editor"-window to the device to transfer the cases, as i navigate with them.
now it transfers most of them but one or two are missing. The songs are transferred, but not the case, therefore the tracks are just loosely flying around and are not in a handy playlist.
dragging the single playlist to the pmd yields no result; it syncs quickly through the tracks, but does not create a case with the corresponding name on the device.

Has anybody had this problem already?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a lot and beatiful holidays to all of you.
Best Regards from Germany,
I

p.s.: I run the Editor on a Macbook Pro 13" on Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6.8) and the Firmware-Version on my PMD is 14142.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: PMD does not transfer Case-Data, just Tracks.

Post by Sox » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi. I don't use a mac but assume it should work the same in Windows.

Your post seems to imply that if you drag a case to the device, that you expect it to not only copy over the case but the tracks in it too? Sounds a handy feature and I am not saying it doesn't do this but I wasn't aware it should do this.

This is the way I use it which always works for me:
- Ensure all the tracks are already on your device
- Create your case in the editor
- Select cases on your device
- Drag your case onto the device

For me I think step 3 is important so you are adding your case to your device's cases and NOT to your devices tracks.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

irgendherr

Post by irgendherr » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Well, it actually does ^^
The problem is actually the opposite; when i drag the case to the device it syncs the tracks perfectly, but the case does not appear in the "cases"-folder of the device. But the tracks are there, definitely.
well, I guess i will try this some more and post the results here for everyone to see.

thanks alot for the prompt answer and for keeping the PMD somehow alive, Sox!

Best regards

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Ok it does :) But if it doesn't work reliably it is not much use. What happebs if you drag the case a 2nd time after the 1st has finished?

Try it my way to see if that works for you
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

charliehgate

Post by charliehgate » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:08 pm

I tried creating a case for the first time yesterday. Could not for the life of me get the playlist to drag and drop onto device via the editor. PMD crashed. Editor crashed. Gave up in the end and just created a new case with the playlist in the right order directly via the PMD. (select track, press settings button. Right swipe create case, repeat for each track adding to created case)