64bit Windows compatibility

Got a problem with your Pacemaker?
Don't worry, post here and we might be able to help out!
Dox

64bit Windows compatibility

Post by Dox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:33 am

Any progress yet on making the pacemaker compatible with 64 bit Win7 machines? I presume new drivers needed?

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: 64bit Windows compatibility

Post by Sox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 pm

No it works already as Pip has it running on that
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Dox

Post by Dox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks, that's good news, now just need find out how to get mine talking to my PC cos I've not managed it since I upgraded to 64bit W7 and assumed it was a driver compatibility problem

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:37 pm

You might want to prove that your device is working with another version of Windows if you can. It shouldn't need any drivers or anything, just plug it into anyone else's PC and turn it on, and you should expect Windows to present you will a new drive. If it doesn't work then you know you do not necessarily have a 64-bit or Win7 issue.

The reason I state this is because we have had reports of users' devices not being recognised by Windows, and we have a suspicion it might only be the 60Gb models because they do not come with a mains adapter.

Please post back to let us know how you got on.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

djpip27
Admin Pip
Admin Pip

Post by djpip27 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Sox has literally beaten me to it, but I'll post anyway.

In-fact it works on Windows 7 and Windows 8 (~20 days away from launch), both 32bit and 64bit versions.
Other things to try:

Plug your USB cable directly into your PC, not using a USB hub.
Try another USB cable, or another USB port if possible.
Make sure when you plug the device in and allow it to do the 'spinning' animation, you turn the device on afterwards - otherwise the device is only charging and isn't connected.

Fingers crossed you can get it to work. :)

Dox

Post by Dox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Had consigned my pacemaker to it's case for the last few months, will get it out this weekend and have a play oeerr :mrgreen: Have got 1 desktop and a couple of laptops, will try it with all of them and let you know what happens

alkoselters

Post by alkoselters » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:01 pm

I have a model 666 60gb and it works flawlessly on windows 7 64bit.
Usually, as was mentioned earlier, some of the built in ports on a PC is in reality a USB-hub, so switching around testing all USB-ports is the first port of call - it should pop up as a drive regardless of what is installed with regards to 64/32 and all that.

Secondly, some USB 3 ports might have problems with USB 1/USB 2 because of some missing drivers for the ports, not very common thing, but it might happen.

So do test all the usb-ports, and on other machines, and check if your usb-ports are 2 or 3.

DrBrazil

Post by DrBrazil » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:12 am

And check your USB cables - made a difference for me...wouldn't have thought such a low-tech solution would make a difference but thanks to Sox and Fazz for suggesting it...

I had to have both the right cable AND the right USB port on my Windows 7 64-bit machine, but got it to work!

S