Beats For Wesley

Mixes, Pictures and Videos. Share and show off your djing skills with our community in this area!
Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Beats For Wesley

Post by Sox » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Hi All
A fellow DJ friend of mine is putting together a 12 hour online DJ festival on Mixify on Sunday October 5th. All proceeds raised are going to a very good cause as you will see if you read this little write up about Wesley who has Cerebal Palsy. All we need to do is to raise £12000 ($20,000) and a better quality of life can be offered to not only Wesley, but his parents too.

I will be one of the DJs playing for this event (currently between 8 and 9pm GMT, but times could change), and your support would be appreciated, as it would be by any of the DJs. Even better, if you could see your way to donating, no matter how little, you could help us reach our target to help Wesley. Even liking the Facebook page would help us to spread the word.

You can donate before or after the event via the button on the page I linked, and you can donate during the event.

If you've never heard of Mixify before, then you should. It is the perfect outlet for us amateur (and pro) DJs as it allows us to stream live DJ sets to a willing audience, from the comfort of our own homes. There's a real good community over there if you take the time to get involved (chat in realtime, hype the DJs, fan the DJs.....) - And it cost you...... absolutely nothing! (though you can pay to be able to stream video + more options).

If anybody needs help on how to stream from their Pacemaker, I'm sure I and/or fellow member DJ Ransome (playing the 11pm-12 GMT slot) can help you out.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sox
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Younez

Re: Beats For Wesley

Post by Younez » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:20 am

Have donated for this, urge everyone to do the same.

TBH, before you have kids, these kinds of things skim over your head. When you have kids, you realise what an incredible difference something like this can make to the lives of people.

Read the background, and tell me this kid and his family aren't worth just a bit of your coin. Donate.

Well done Sox.

by the way, WTF is 'Swing House'????

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Think Ray Charles & Ella Fitzgerald to a house beat
Perhaps "Electro Swing" is the right term? I dunno

As an example try this

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:13 pm

My friend organising the event has now setup 24 Facebook pages, one per DJ event. This is mine

If click the relevant link to say you will/may attend, once again it will help to spread the word.

Thanks

Sox

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Just a bump to remind anyone that's interested that this event is this Sunday.
Collectively we are looking for as much support and donations as we can.

Cheers

Sox