songs won't analyse

chrismx72

songs won't analyse

Post by chrismx72 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi Guys/Girls,

firstly id like to says huge thank you for those of you who are supporting and running this forum. its a terrible shame that the pacemaker hasn't been kept running by tonium.

today i thought i should bow the dust off the old girl and start mixing with it again as my DJ career took a turn and i now work offshore on oil rigs so i haven't mixed in a long while.

To be honest iv never been totally clued up on how to us the pacemaker to its full potential and i especially get confused with the editing software.

I have a small issue with the editing software where the songs won't analyse at all which is preventing me transferring songs onto the pacemaker device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Just to add i am running a 2009 macbook pro
iv removed the application (pacemaker editor) and reinstalled it (so it seems)

But still nothing .

Thanks

Chris

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: songs won't analyse

Post by Sox » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:55 pm

There is no Tonium, they went bust

"songs won't analyse" is a very vague report. In what way? Is there an error message? Does it fail straight away or at the end of the analyse process?

I don't have a Mac so I don't think I will be able to help. But help us to try to help you by supplying more information about your specific problem
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Sumix

Post by Sumix » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Hello!

I've got the same problem as Chris. I used to play with the Pacemaker a bit, but left it for a couple of years and felt like playing with it again. All my songs from my iTunes account are listed, but the bottom of the screen reads 'Analysing (0/9000)', but never moves. As a result I can play all my music, but can't see it to mix it. If anyone had any ideas I'd be really grateful for their help.

Thanks! :D

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi,
I suggest try adding them to the editor in smaller batches than all 9000 in one go. Yes it should work, but obviously it isn't doing. Delete them all from your Pacemaker library, then add just a few to see if that works. Then try increasing to 100, or 500 at a time.

You mention iTunes so I assume you imported your iTunes library? I've never done that and instead always dragged/dropped form Windows Explorer straight into the editor's library pane. Also, I only use mp3 and m4a which I think you get if you purchased tracks from iTunes (may include copy protection and have heard of some m4a's not playing on Pacemaker).
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them