PMExplorer v1.00

Find information about & download links for the Pacemaker Explorer here, and ask your own questions
Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

PMExplorer v1.00

Post by Sox » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Ok due to a few posts showing interest I've decide to release a version of what I had done, rather than let all the effort go to waste. I had stopped working on it as I figured the amobunt of members and interest didn't justify the effort I was putting in.

I had lots more ideas of what I could put into this. You may make further suggestions but I make no promises about implementing them.

Use at your own risk, it is what it is (though off the top of my head I don't think it can change anything in your DB or on your device, so you should be safe).

You will need:
- Windows (was written using 32-bit Vista, then I upgrade to Win 8 and it works there. Have not tried on 64-bit and if it won't run I suggest trying to configure it for 32-bit compatibility ode).
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later)

What Can you do with it?
- Allows you to analyse the DB of either your editor library or your device library (how many tracks, mixes, cases, etc)
- Allows you to filter by genre, artist, album, etc.
- Option to "Check" your library to see what files are missing (this can happen if you move files after importing into your library). Unfortunately I never implement the "fix" support to allow you to find the file and correct the DB entry.
- Option to "Retrieve" files from your device (handy if you bought a 2nd hand Pacemaker full of music)

The attachment is a zip file containing a single .exe file (an installer) simply because the forum would not allow me to attach an exe file

Sox
Attachments
PMExplorer v1.00 Setup.zip
PMExplorer v1.00 Installer
(8.88 MiB) Downloaded 908 times
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

kinderhood

Re: PMExplorer v1.00

Post by kinderhood » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Win8.0 x64 bit verified, it runs on my OS with no problems. Have not attempted to check functionality, but it loads fine, seems stable.

THANK YOU FOR THIS!

Sloopy

Post by Sloopy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Many Thanks.
Downloaded and installed. All seems good. Stable and very user friendly. Superb work. I salute you Sir. :D

charliehgate

Post by charliehgate » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Just downloaded and had a quick go. Gonna retrieve the music off my new back up PMD when I've got the time.

All looks good :D Smart interface and some handy apps.

Only trouble I've got is fixing mp3 location? After clicking 'FIX' the search box comes up, but no files show in the folder I KNOW it's in? I've got it open directly and can see it there? No name change or nothing etc... But in the fix search box there's no files at all. Strange.

I usually download new tunes onto my desktop then move them into folder after uploading onto PMD. So do get location change often with PMEditor.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:42 pm

As it happens I was fixing some tracks of my own only last night, found that bug, and fixed it. It is because I have wrapped the file extensions in brackets and it seems I should not have.

I am just about to add a "relocate music folders" option (allowing m to move all my tracks from local drive to a NAS drive wihtout breaking the DB) and then I will release a new version.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:37 am

and it can be found here

Sofa_Snake

Post by Sofa_Snake » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:42 pm

You're a star SOX,

Ive been waiting for this functionality for such a long time. After loosing a past PCharddisk I have kept the music on the device as backup. but now i intend to remove them and start again with tunes on the pacemaker!

I had alot of trouble installing the beta update for the pacemakers firmware before as it kept going into sleep Ill post my findings of the PMexplorer soon. Does updating the device firmware cause any known issues?

Thanks again!

Snofa_Sake

Sofa_Snake

Post by Sofa_Snake » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Unfortunately when trying to retrieve music i get the message "unhandled exception" or if i keep persevering i can get it to say "You have not selected any tracks to be retrieved" even though they are ticked.

any ideas anyone?

All of the tracks are there in the cases section but if you browse tracks they are not shown.

Cheers Ill update if i haveany further luck

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:21 pm

Need more info, or the ability to reproduce myself.

Even though you are reporting this in the v1.00 thread I assume you are really having an issue with the latest v1.01?

Is there an option to view extra details on the exception as there sometimes is with .Net application? If there is, then email it me (see email in the About screen - press icon top left)

With your mention of cases, are you browsing the contents of a case and attempting to retrieve from that view? Nothing wrong with that, but I'm not sure I've tried it, and it may be a clue to be reproducing and therefore fixing.

Sofa_Snake

Post by Sofa_Snake » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi Sox,

Yers i tried version 1.01 and 1 and i seemed to get further with version 1 variant. I have reinstalled the 1.01 and will paste the unhandled exception error to you. It mentions that it cannot find resources appropriate for the specified culture. Make sure "PMexplorer.fmRetrievalOptions.resources" was correctly embedded/linked into PMExplorer at compile time.

With regards to cases yes I am browsing and attempting to retrieve as currently their doesnt appear to be another way of doing this.

I dont mind helping with debugging, reporting back on any issues so we can get this fully functional for others. I have vb .net experience in the past but im no whizzkid so probably cant help out as much as id like to with that side of things!

Cheers