What's New in PMA 1.2.2.1?

Can't work out where to post about the Pacemaker Application?
Post here in the general section then!
bbpmdj

What's New in PMA 1.2.2.1?

Post by bbpmdj » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 am

So, I was doing some surfing the web and came upon an article in BerryReview.com that has a list of what is new in BlackBerry PlayBook PaceMaker App:
  • 1. Scratching (Vinyl Mode) (Enable it under Settings, Mix Control, Vinyl Mode).
    2. Beat Lock/Sync Mode Enable beat lock by holding the P-Button down and pressing Play on the second deck.
    3. Sync Tempo – Hold the P-Button down and press Cue on the second deck.
    4. Beat Jump – Enable beat jump by holding the P-Button down and pressing ‘REW’ on a deck. ‘Beat Jump
    Enabled’ will be displayed.
    5. Fixed Loop Length – Set Fixed Loop Lengths in (Settings, Mix Control, Fixed Loop Length)
    Snap Loops – Set this on under (Settings, Mix Control, Snap Loops)
You can see the complete article here; Pacemaker for BlackBerry PlayBook DJ Mixing App Gets an Update to 1.2.2.1.

I must be having a "Senior Moment" because I cannot find "Settings, Mix Control, Vinyl Mode" or "Settings, Mix Control, Fixed Loop Length" and I do have 1.2.2.1... Perhaps SOX can help me out...

Regards,

Jerry :mrgreen:

djpip27
Admin Pip
Admin Pip

Re: What's New in PMA 1.2.2.1?

Post by djpip27 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Oh dear - this article is backwards.
These changes are for the Pacemaker Device firmware - listed on out homepage not for the BlackBerry Pacemaker App!

bbpmdj

Post by bbpmdj » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:36 pm

djpip27 wrote:Oh dear - this article is backwards.
These changes are for the Pacemaker Device firmware - listed on out homepage not for the BlackBerry Pacemaker App!
Well now that does explain why I could not find them in the app... Yea me, I was not having a "Senior Moment" and here I was thinking I was helping out. Proof that just because it's on the net, it ain't always true. My Bad! 8-)

bbpmdj

Post by bbpmdj » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 pm

I found this little tidbit of information on PaceMaker's support page (pacemaker.desk.com/)

Willem
OCT 18, 2012 02:31PM CEST
Pacemaker Agent
Hi guys,

PMA 1.2.2 contains some minor bug fixes and CPU optimizations. The most notable of these is that the settings are now saved when you shut down PMA: There was a bug that often prevented this before. So no added features in this one.

That is all!!!!

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:51 pm

What PMD features that you thought you were getting do you find you don't have? The scratching was always there on PMA and I don't use the beat locking and syncing myself so I'm unsure. And loops are there too aren't they?
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

SIGMA__7

Post by SIGMA__7 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm

prior to this update, any user settings (relative crossfader, autocue, time warning, timestretch, etc, etc, etc,) didn't save on exit from the app so you had to re-enter your preferences each time at app startup - I can confirm that this update has solved that issue.

the original post in this thread contains update info for PMD (pacemaker device) - those items are not PMA (pacemaker application) related.

all of the functions noted in that update for PMD already exist in some form in PMA.

with the exception of true stereo in PMD vs stereo mono (PMA) - just remember that it is PMD that is catching up to PMA, not the other way around.

bbpmdj

Post by bbpmdj » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:15 am

Sox wrote:What PMD features that you thought you were getting do you find you don't have? The scratching was always there on PMA and I don't use the beat locking and syncing myself so I'm unsure. And loops are there too aren't they?
Hi Sox,
When a new update comes out and I read an article like this and cannot find what the person is talking about I figure it's just me being dumb. As far as I know I'm getting everything that paid for.... :o