Feature Request: Single Deck Mode

Can't work out where to post about the Pacemaker Application?
Post here in the general section then!
SIGMA__7

Feature Request: Single Deck Mode

Post by SIGMA__7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:43 pm

with the price of the playbook continuuing to fall, would there be any value to the Pacemaker having a "single deck" mode? that is, a feature you could enable that the full UI would display and control one deck instead of two. this would mean that all the mixing/crossfading functionality wouldn't be present and with only one deck there would obviously be a lot more real estate to put everything you need on a single screen instead of toggling with the P button.

this way, you could get a small flight case, drop a 10" 2 channel mixer in, and have two playbooks running pacemaker mounted flush to the mixer's face level using cut out foam (one on each side of the mixer), each controlling one channel (which would be true stereo in this case).

anyway, I realize this is less mobile, but it is a bit more realistic for playing out.

just a thought.

fazz
Admin Fazz
Admin Fazz

Re: Feature Request: Single Deck Mode

Post by fazz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:59 am

very, very interesting thought.

SIGMA__7

Re: Feature Request: Single Deck Mode

Post by SIGMA__7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:35 pm

I posted same in the feature request section of the Pacemaker.net support site and Willem actually said they had been looking into it already, which is great.

https://pacemaker.desk.com/customer/por ... -deck-mode

seems like a no brainer to me given the price of both the hardware and software.

also the fact that the feature set is built it - this is a subtractive exercise because instead of having to code up a new feature, you're just isolating existing features and changing the UI. there are other cool benefits like you'd have a larger platter in vinyl mode as well. commercially, it would stimulate more sales of both the hardware and software - if other people were actually interested in this because you'd need a version of the pacemaker running on each unit.

anyway, something to possibly watch out for at some point in the future. obviously the team is busy and things can only get done one at a time. we'll see.