New Update to Pacemaker App.

Can't work out where to post about the Pacemaker Application?
Post here in the general section then!
bbpmdj

New Update to Pacemaker App.

Post by bbpmdj » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:09 am

So I come home from work and what greets me? An update to the Pacemaker App... Not really sure what is new... But none the less an update... #Mixeverything! :mrgreen:

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: New Update to Pacemaker App.

Post by Sox » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks for the headsup. Yes v1.2.1.1 was waiting for me too but only when I looked in the "My world" part of the Blackberry store. There doesn't seem to be any version history listed, just a list of all features, but a version history would be nice with all releases.

Perhaps their Facebook page has some info? I don't have FB so post back any info you find.

I did notice that the notes against v1.2.1.1 say "This is a Beta version of Pacemaker and will only work for people with an invitation." so maybe this version isn't available to all, so don't worry if you can't find it

EDIT: On trying to upgrade after authenticating with Blackberry it asks me if Iwant to pay by Paypal or Credit Card - cheeky blighters. As it happens I was on the Beta so don't expect to pay for a later beta, but if I had paid for it, I wouldn't be paying again. I will query Jonas on this
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

bbpmdj

Post by bbpmdj » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:50 am

Hi Sox,
I've been playing with the update for the past couple of days and for the life of me I can't find out what the difference is. I've seen notes out on the net, but cannot reference what they are talking about.(ie some vinyl setting etc....). Well I'm not smarter than the app itself. Any clue?

......and nothing on FB....

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:19 pm

I saw in another thread that your confusion arose because the release notes you found were actually for the pacemaker device beta firmware released last week. I have asked the Pacemaker team if we can have some verison history for this and future versions.

Regarding Blackberry store wanting payment for the new PMA beta software, this time I think it was me having a senior moment. I did get an email the other week offering me Pacemaker 300 as a previous beta tester. I thought I had upgraded but now I am thinking not. My asusmption is tht if I followed a link in the email I would be able to download the new software for free, rather than going direct through the store and having to pay.

SIGMA__7

Post by SIGMA__7 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:39 pm

a lot of buzz about another update. would love to see an official or unofficial feature list or potential changelog!

bbpmdj

Post by bbpmdj » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:48 pm

SIGMA__7 wrote:a lot of buzz about another update. would love to see an official or unofficial feature list or potential changelog!
Ohhhhh wow... Now I'm all a tingle.... Only time will tell...

SIGMA__7

Post by SIGMA__7 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:45 pm

what do you think is in it? what do you most want to see?

bbpmdj

Post by bbpmdj » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:00 am

SIGMA__7 wrote:what do you think is in it? what do you most want to see?
Perhaps they got the HDMI port working... That would be way cool! Just Sayin!

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Single deck mode?

SIGMA__7

Post by SIGMA__7 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 pm

I will lose my mind if it is single deck mode - I have 4 playbooks loaded with PMA and could make good use of this for sure.....HDMI I can appreciate, but also live without to be honest. unless I was connecting to a receiver (most likely a home theatre receiver only if it is HDMI) or have a special cable that goes HDMI to RCA, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of this feature - although I understand other people's excitement who will use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!