Poll - Did You Install The Beta Firmware?

Did you risk installing the beta firmware on your baby?

YES - Life on the edge, that's how I roll!
84%
NO - I played it safe
13%
MEH - Not interested (let me get back to my cassette tapes)
3%

Total votes: 32

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Poll - Did You Install The Beta Firmware?

Post by Sox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Just wondering.....
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

soulpixel

Re: Poll - Did You Install The Beta Firmware?

Post by soulpixel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Nice firmware so far, takes it were the leaked firmware left it.
I dont have much with scratching, but the loop snap is great as the time strech is relly better than the last official firmware.
Next: longer loops and midi clock export !

alkoselters

Post by alkoselters » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Testing it now for a couple Of days, recorded 4 mixes, no hickups or crashes so far, UI feels snappy and responsive - only feature I miss is the fact that the scratchingfeature has removed the opportunity to nudge the track forward/backward when playing track with cue-button - there should be a separate setting for scrathing on/off - when I have tracks wrongly mapped On the offbeat I usually cue-play and nudge to get it into the mix, and I prefer the vinyl scrubbing to find the entrypoint for songs When manually cueing them - this is not possible now since nudging can only be used when not using vinyl mode - apart from that everything is working seamlessly :)

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:08 pm

If you turn off vinyl mode (scratching) you can nudge tracks as before I think
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Deejay Flux

Post by Deejay Flux » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Reason I didnt install it is because I always record my sets on the PMD when i use it and I was torn away that the PME was unable to see the the scratch effect as the PME hasnt been updated atm..

Ashkun

Post by Ashkun » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Not a master mixer, more of a casual player... I'm very happy you guys pulled together to keep this device alive. THANK YOU! Just installed the firmware update and now putting on some new music. Gonna have some fun on the train these coming weeks, on the way to work. :D :D :D

alkoselters

Post by alkoselters » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Sox wrote:If you turn off vinyl mode (scratching) you can nudge tracks as before I think
thats part of the problem, I want use vinyl to be able to cue manually when needed by draging back and forth, never liked the cd-agro-repeat type cueing.
Before, I could pause track, spinn back to point where I wanted to cue it, press cue button, press cue again to play from cue and while holding cue down nudge to make it match the beat - old school style if you will - this is not possible since vinyl mode replaces nudge with scratch, but can be solved if scratch gets a separate on / off :)

djlard

Post by djlard » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm

soulpixel wrote:Nice firmware so far, takes it were the leaked firmware left it.
I dont have much with scratching, but the loop snap is great as the time strech is relly better than the last official firmware.
Next: longer loops and midi clock export !
I too would like longer loops 8bar/16bar would be good

Cheers Dj Lard

s13n1

Post by s13n1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 am

I just finished spending about 45 mins testing the beta firmware and i have to say, well done guys!

Seams really solid so far and is a step in the right direction. I had been ignoring my pacemaker for quite some time because the previous "leaked" firmware was a bit hit and miss and im also experiencing some issues with my touch pad, with it jumping around a bit or just not registering my input and flickering about.

Im not sure if i never noticed it, but it seams as if we are now able to adjust the pitch while two tracks are playing and the other track will also adjust to keep in sync? Very handy for mixing two tracks with a big difference in pitch. It may be just that i never used to use the beatlock so i never noticed it?

I would also like to see 8 and 16 beat loop support, as 4 beats can lead to some very noticeable loops.

While scratching is enabled, it appears as if we are unable to nudge tracks back into sync? I'm personally not a big scratcher, but i would use it more often now that we have it available, but not if it means we cant nudge our tracks. I think a good compromise might be to replace the P+Down Volume control, so it instead enables scratching, and perhaps P+Down + South allows volume control. I tend to not mess around with my volume unless im mixing for myself, so its not a function i would miss if replaced with scratching.

I'm not sure what is planned for future releases, but i'd really like to see some time spent on the Pacemaker Editor App, with some options to adjust the downbeat of the tracks in the library. Its not a huge issue for those of us who have access to other editing software, but i can imagine for people who dont, being able to adjust this with the editor would be very handy and save us a lot of time. I also thinks its a nice little simple mixing app, and before i really got into mixing, i spent quite a few hours mixing with it. It would be great to see an Android version one day too, for those times when we need to kill some time and feel like a quick mix.

I'm pretty interested in the Playbook Pacemaker App, but unfortunately im not in a position to buy one for myself just yet. If it wasn't for the pacemaker app, i honestly wouldn't have considered a Playbook over an android tab or windows slate. I think a simple little android version of the editor interface would make a lot of us happy.

Anyway, keep it up, i hope we see some more updates for the Pacemaker, as it truly is one of a kind and device and deserves to live a long and useful life and not gather dust on our shelves.

Cheers.

fazz
Admin Fazz
Admin Fazz

Post by fazz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:31 am

s13n1 wrote: I would also like to see 8 and 16 beat loop support, as 4 beats can lead to some very noticeable loops.
THIS x 100000000