Fantastic!

Give your feedback about the website and forum,
or make your suggestions here
Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Fantastic!

Post by Sox » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Sloopy wrote:I would have considered abandoning you if the spammer had not been dealt with.
Thanks for all the big ups guys.

We had a few spambots spam us before the site even when live, not sure how they find us. We had hoped have the captcha verification during registration would stop the automated registrations, but anyone willing to manually register can help their bot get around this I suppose.

Rather than to delete the spam members as I did before the launch, this time I tried banning the user by IP address. I am hoping any future registration attempts from the same source IP would be inhibited by this step. Time will tell.

Unlike other forums we haven't posted any rules. Perhaps we should do, but hopefully the same general rules are obvious. But anyone spamming the forums or trying to sell their wares here, whether manually posted by a real member or spammed by a bot will have their posts deleted and their account banned. Don't worry, we will be onto the spammers as soon as we are aware of them.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Monty

Re: Fantastic!

Post by Monty » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Yeah not sure if this is the right place to say this but just wanted to say thankyou to all you guys for this. i've had some time off the pacemaker but got it out last week and had forgotten how utterly excellent it is - fingers crossed one day you'll be able to make an updated device - maybe consider kickstarter for this....

anyway thankyou to sox and everyone for this community too - proper good