Can be downloaded from here
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Firmware Download - Feb 2014 Version

Post by Sox » Sun May 11, 2014 12:47 pm

2014: New Pacemaker Device Firmware!

Combined with the launch of Pacemaker for iPad, Pacemakerdevice.org and the Pacemaker Team are pleased to announce a brand new feature-packed update for the original Pacemaker Device.

Changes:

Improvements to scratching.

Scratch is now realistic and differs based on the speed in which you manipulate the touch-pad and drifting has been eliminated too. It’s leaps and bounds better compared to the previous release.

When looping and scratching, your tracks will now stay in sync.

This gives you way more freedom to play around and improvise without risking getting off beat and these features work whilst both decks are playing too.

FX Parameters Changed

Some parameters have changed, but you’ll get the same great effects. Echo now defaults to ¾ time and the wet/dry parameter for this effect is now limited to 50%.

8/16 Beat Loop support.

Create longer loops both manually and by using the “Fixed Loop Lengths Option” in the settings menu.

Track Browser now shows applied filters at the top of the screen

eg. Artist/BPM so you know you’re looking at a smaller selection of your music.

General sync improvements.

Tempo drifting is automatically corrected when sync mode is activated and you should find vast improvements when mixing songs with regular fixed beats.

Cue point adjustments/improvements when loading a song.

Downbeat detection has been improved so songs should be ready to play straight away with better beat detection. No modifications needed.

Legal Notice updated, it is now 2014!
Support link updated and links to us the official place for all things Pacemaker Device!
http://www.pacemakerdevice.org

Download and Installation Instructions:

Windows Users:

Download and install this update now using PMUpdater and be sure to post your comments over in the official forum thread here, to show your support to the team.

Mac Users or Manual Update Instructions:

Mac users will currently need to install the firmware manually by following the steps below. You can also use this method if you have problems using PMUpdater.

Ensure your Pacemaker has at least 20% charge before starting this process.

Download the firmware by clicking here.

Connect your Pacemaker Device to your Mac or PC.
View the Pacemaker drive so you can see the folders on the device (like you would with a memory stick)
Find the .Pacemaker folder (it might be a hidden folder so you might have to enable viewing of hidden folders).
Copy the firmware you downloaded into this folder.
Safely Eject the Pacemaker Device by clicking ‘Eject’ in the Finder Window.
Your Pacemaker should now reboot and install the firmware – this might take several minutes. Do not unplug your device during this process.
Once completed the device may either need to be ejected again from the computer, or it may display a screen as if it has just been turned on and is ready to mix.
You’re done – Let’s Mix.
Be sure to post your comments over in the official forum thread here, to show your support to the team.

enrico

Post by enrico » Thu May 29, 2014 11:23 am

HI MAN... Why if i download the firmware from the PMUpdater or from the link that you have put in the post don't download the version 180096070 but the old version 146061537??? which is the right (last) version??? thanks for your replay....

TheBear

Post by TheBear » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:29 am

Hey All,
After all this time, finally got a excellent condition P211 :D
The first thing was I wanted to do was to update to the latest firmware.. Not having ANY W$DOZE or MAC AT ALL,
(seriously I do not have any W$ndoze or MAC, I have been a sole "Linux only nut" since the early 90's )
I attempted to use the 'Manual' method, had no problems mounting the PM, and was found under "/media/Pacemaker".
As per instructions, I placed dfw_146061537.pfw into /media/Pacemaker/.Pacemaker.
The problem is that even after unmounting the PM, the PM does not reboot, nor does the warning on the PM change,
it still shows "Do not disconnect ......" message on it's screen!! :o
Checking mounted filesystems clearly shows it's not there...

So have I done something wrong?? :oops:
I've scoured the web, but found nothing other to this...

Is there a way to trigger a firmware update?

any ideas please ;)

Kays

Post by Kays » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:41 pm

TheBear wrote:The problem is that even after unmounting the PM, the PM does not reboot, nor does the warning on the PM change,
it still shows "Do not disconnect ......" message on it's screen!! :o
Checking mounted filesystems clearly shows it's not there...
err, sync(1)? sync is called by umount(8) before it performs a real umount(2)
Don't worry about the “Do not disconnect”-message; that's for dumb W$nDo'hZe-users.
Dunno whether it's relevant, but the file mode of your *.pfw? Brute-force method is as always just 777.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 pm

TheBear wrote: The problem is that even after unmounting the PM, the PM does not reboot, nor does the warning on the PM change,
it still shows "Do not disconnect ......" message on it's screen!!
I do recall having a similar issue when writing the PMUpdator application. Windows Explorer could eject & reboot it, but my app couldn't.
I ended up taking advice from Daniel the Pacemaker software developer. I see if I can dig out what we had to do and you can see if there is a similar process you can do with Linux tools.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:46 pm

enrico wrote:HI MAN... Why if i download the firmware from the PMUpdater or from the link that you have put in the post don't download the version 180096070 but the old version 146061537??? which is the right (last) version??? thanks for your replay....

Sorry for the late reply. I checked the firmware page on our main website and in the comments somebody pointed out the same thing. This was the reply from DJ Pip and he should know as he was the one it was supplied to from the Pacemaker team

"The version numbers are actually meaningless now due to the way the Pacemaker team make the Firmware. Don’t worry about the lower number. The latest version is 146061537 released on February 4, 2014."

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:15 pm

@TheBear - seeing this is only a one off, after unmounting, couldn't you power off the Pacemaker using either the menu of holding down the power button? I think it's the process of booting and finding the firmware there ready to be installed that kicks off the upgrade, rather than the method you reboot.

it looks like our (Windows) solution was to use an external application to eject it. The Pacemaker team may have given us this utility which we ship with the application, or maybe they supplied the code in a different language we were using at the time. Not sure where that code is.

TheBear

Post by TheBear » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:55 pm

@Kays - file mode is 644 so shouldn't be a problem unless the PM expects execute bit set as well?? As for as the warning, PM uses ext3 and if the fs is not unmounted properly, the journal is flagged as 'unclean' which on reboot forces fsck... so it appears the PM is not properly umounting even though it is from the 'Computer side', with that I surmising that W$ndoze S/W must have been doing something else 'extra' to flag unmounting, as the only time I ever come across this fs issue is simply when the fs is not unmounted 'properly'.
FWIW, I spend more time in 'xterm/console' than a GUI, especially when developing stuff(even some kernel hacking!!), so I'm very fimilar with the 'internal workings' of linux.

@sox - I have rebooted the PM several times with firmware where it should be, but it still has not upgraded as firmware version is still '10552', default permissions of 644 should be fine, as I assume(bad, yes) the PM to be like most Linux devices in that it doesn't care as to what they are, I'll set 'x' bit and reboot it, and will be surprised if that's it!!

Update - I just thought to check how the PM was mounted, SHOCK(well not really) the PM is seen as a VFAT device,
so setting permission bits on the firmware is out the window.
So now just need to figure how to clear the 'Dirty bit' for the PM fat on umount..

still stuck without new firmware :(

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Just borrow somebody's Windows PC, you may not like being defeated and falling back to that, but upgrade and job done.