old firmware

commanderson

old firmware

Post by commanderson » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi I just recieved my first pacemaker last night, bought the 120gig 221 version on ebay, I think it had never been used or hardly, it only had the pacemaker tracks on it, I played with it a bit before putting it into the comuter, loading the editor that was stored on the machiene and started putting some music on, then the trouble, it crashed, putting the 13th track on. Long storey short I spent the evening formatting and loading firmware, to have the same thing happen each time I load tracks, decided the hard drive is bust,(sounds like it is liable to happen if they are left for a while) and will replace for a ssd I recon. Anyway what I want to know is whether the origonal firmware is still available, for that little while I got to use it I far prefered the look in comparison to the new ones with their bright colours, this one just had white and grey for the level indicators, the menu was a better look too, and the editor that was on it was simpler and less gayrish too.
Anyway does anyone have the old original firmware and editor for the first 211 pacemaker?

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: old firmware

Post by Sox » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:46 pm

I'm not sure what version Id of the firmware the first Pacemaker's were shipped with. I doubt we have that version on our forum as what we do have is based on downloadable updates.
I know the original editor is hidden on a partition on the Pacemaker, I wonder if a copy of the factory firmware is too? Not much used to you if can't access your hard drive though.

Maybe I'll fire mine up and check.....
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: old firmware

Post by Sox » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:43 pm

I had a look on my device and in the hidden .Pacemaker folder there is a file ._dfw_7042.pfw
This filename matches the convention used with other firmware versions so chances are it is a firmware file is lower than any of the releases we have copies of. But other firmware copies don't have the ._ prefix. I wonder if this indicates it is an archived upgrade (ie. do not apply).

I had typed up the remainder of this post explaining what I thought you needed to do. however on attaching the "firmware file" I noticed it is only 4K which is much too small to be a valid firmware file. :cry:

Sorry, I don't know how you can downgrade to factory fit firmware.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them