Just saying hi again!

Can't work out where to post? Post here in the general section then!
JIMtheGRIN

Just saying hi again!

Post by JIMtheGRIN » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Device number 231 still going strong after hundreds of gigs. Got myself a Stanton SCS4DJ recently. What a waste of £500 that was. Back gigging with my Pacemaker again. Not tried the new firmware yet though. If it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Just saying hi again!

Post by Sox » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Hey Him, yeah I recognise you.

What was wrong with the Stanton, it look s quite tasty?
If my Pacemaker ever packs up I quite fancied something like that.

Does it have to work with a laptop, or does it hold all your music for you? I quite like the more hands on aspect over the PMD, but I wouldn't be interested in carting more than 1 piece of kit with me.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

JIMtheGRIN

Post by JIMtheGRIN » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Yeah that's exactly why I got one! I've never gone down the laptop/controller route. The Stanton looked ideal. You can just stick a memory card into one of the many USB slots but the actual software it's running is so laggy. To browse thru your tunes is a real mission. It's had a couple of firmware updates recently which have improved it a little. I've had it crash a few times so haven't used it out live yet. Maybe it's like the Pacemaker & will get better with age & updates? I hope so. It's a cool looking controller & there's bags & style flip skins available for it. If I could get the software off the pacemaker & import it into the Stanton it would be like the ultimate DJ tool!

Zerbembasqwibo

Post by Zerbembasqwibo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:23 pm

I must also say Hi again. Was a bit involved in the looooong waiting for the release om PMD on the forum at those days.

Now device 0028 will soon try out the new firmware if I dare... or wait 'til stable one?

Anyway, very nice to see life again!

Let's mix!

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:25 am

Hi Z, welcome back.

Jim looks like the firmware for your starting has had a few updates addressing things like your speed issue.
http://djworx.com/review-update-stanton ... ontroller/

Did you flog yours or keep it and kept it updated? If so has it not addressed your concerns and would you rate it as a viable alternative? Seems they are less than £400!nos
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

JIMtheGRIN

Post by JIMtheGRIN » Wed May 28, 2014 4:00 pm

HEY! I'm back again!
Sorry i didn't get back to you on the SCS. Yeah i flogged it in the end. It just didn't seem like it was gonna work for me. I like to speed thru playlists & stuff. When I'm playing out ill load the next track to play & usually with 20 seconds remaining on the track thats playing i change my mind & search for another track. The SCS just wasn't up to that kind of abuse.
I ended up buying a Mac & controller. It all fits in a rucksack & the 1st time i used it i had a gig playing soul & funk from 9pm till 2am & then another gig playing deep house at 5am. It worked like a dream & i haven't looked back. It was a lot to pay out at 1st but its nice having all my music on a laptop available to me.
The Pacemaker has been calling me again. Im just in the process now of wiping it clean & then using my Mac to reinstall all my latest music. I did a search & see theres new firmware! exciting stuff. Im off to a party in Berlin so was thinking maybe the Pacemaker would be an ideal companion.

JIMtheGRIN

Post by JIMtheGRIN » Wed May 28, 2014 4:28 pm

"firmware upgrade in progress"
I haven't been this excited for years!

FOXmig

Банки где можно быстро взять кредит?

Post by FOXmig » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:15 pm

Привет, я брала с парнем кредит на кухонный гарнитур 90 000руб. в ОТП банке вот ссылка на анкету если кому пригодится otpcredit.ru . У них по сравнению с другими банками не высокий процент по ставке, кредит одобрили впринципе быстро. Сейчас кредит уже погашен, переплатили кстати немного, так как были просрочки несколько раз.