Got me a back up Pacemaker.....

Can't work out where to post? Post here in the general section then!
JIMtheGRIN

Got me a back up Pacemaker.....

Post by JIMtheGRIN » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:04 pm

I literally want to copy all the tracks & info off my original device onto a new one. I can't really do it thru the editor as ive changed hard drives & so on over the years so all my tracks are all over the place. Is there a quick way of just copying the whole of the hard drive on my 1st Pacemaker & copying it onto the 2nd? I want it as a back up.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Got me a back up Pacemaker.....

Post by Sox » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Should be easy. All your music library, beat match info and tracks are stored in the .Pacemaker\Music folder
  • Upgrade the new PMD to the same firmware as the old PMD
  • Plug both PMDs into PC and turn on (make sure you know which drive is which)
  • If new PMD is 2nd hand, delete the .Pacemaker\Music folder to remove old library & tracks (* see below)
  • Copy .Pacemaker\Music folder from old PMD to new PMD's root folder
  • Wait
  • Eject
  • Check it worked
  • Mix!
* If you did buy a 2nd hand PMD full of tracks and you think you might want to copy some of them off to your PC to use again, then I hope to have a version of PMExplorer in the not too distant future, and it would rename the existing cryptic track filenames back to the original filenames (or at least the track title). If this is the case them before deleting everything from the new PMD, copy the .Pacemaker\Music folder to somewhere on your PC if you have space (or a DVD/Memory Key/External drive?). I'll help you again when PMExplorer is available.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

JIMtheGRIN

Re: Got me a back up Pacemaker.....

Post by JIMtheGRIN » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Cheers fella! I'll let u know how I get on when it arrives. ;)