Controller question?

Can't work out where to post? Post here in the general section then!
JIMtheGRIN

Controller question?

Post by JIMtheGRIN » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Has anybody hooked a Pacemaker up to a controller? Is it possible? I remember a while ago somebody saying they use theirs as a hard drive.
It'd be nice to be able to hook it up for when I'm playing out live. It's always nice to have a couple of turntables to mess about with instead of looking like I'm texting & I'd like to utilise all the cases I have on my pacemaker.

schwarzmal3r

Re: Controller question?

Post by schwarzmal3r » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:16 am

just use a mixer, 2x chinch to 3.5 cable one connected with line out and channel a on the mixer and the other one with headphone output and channel b. is working for me very well :)

u have to move crossfaders for volume left and headphone right, of course.

cheers

fazz
Admin Fazz
Admin Fazz

Post by fazz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 am

schwarzmal3r wrote:just use a mixer, 2x chinch to 3.5 cable one connected with line out and channel a on the mixer and the other one with headphone output and channel b. is working for me very well :)

u have to move crossfaders for volume left and headphone right, of course.

cheers
I didn't think to put the headphone jack as the second output. Great idea.

Also with regards to using the different buttons on the PMD as a MIDI controller or some description, no deal. However, it is easy to use it as a hard drive to store your tunes. Simply make a folder on the Pacemaker and drag your music there. You can not play the music from the PMD without the PME software otherwise.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 am

I dont think he wanted to use his pmd AS a midi controller but as additional storage under the control OF a midi controller. I assume that was what the Panasonic compatibility was about but never of anyone who made use of it
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them