POLL - Would you donate?

Share your Tips or Tricks for getting the most out of your Pacemaker in here.

Would You Make A Voluntary Donation To Keep The Site Going?

No
7%
Yes
93%

Total votes: 27

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

POLL - Would you donate?

Post by Sox » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi, This forum is non-profit making home for Pacemaker users run by Pacemaker users. Our first domain and web hosting subscription was paid for by Jonas who invented the Pacemaker as he has a interest in seeing his creation continue. However this was a one off.

Next year our subscription runs out. Will that be the end of the site & forum, or are you interested in seeing it live on?
Would you consider making a small donation sometime next year to see it continue? Depending on numbers we are probably only taking £1 or £2 (UK).

Whatever you reply in this poll, you are not committing to anyothing. I am just trying to sound people out to see if this may be a way that the site and therefore the Pacemaker Device could live on......
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

charliehgate

Re: POLL - Would you donate?

Post by charliehgate » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:39 pm

I ain't been here long. I ain't even had my PMD long. Had my eye out & bidded my time for ages though! But this forum is a god send! I'd bang a fair few quid in never mind a poxy one or two.

Just wish it was a bit more active in here :-(

Just seems to be poor old sox trying to sort everyone's tech problems. I pop in quite often but there ain't much going on. Mostly spend my time going through old posts lol

si macc

Post by si macc » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:12 am

I'm up for donating to keep the site going, for a couple of quid it's really worth it.

Si

Younez

Post by Younez » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:00 am

Sox does an awesome job, but keeping this going into 2014 and beyond would be probably not worth it.

I love my PMD (though I have moved on to a controller) and the community, but the whole Pacemaker thing has most likely run its race.

I think Jonas and the PM crew are great, but two things have sunk this 1) The cost of the PMD was way too high in 2008 (probably needed to be halved) and 2) the relaunch should have gone after Android/iOS, not Blackberry. As it is now, the PM app will most likely be swallowed up by dJay, Traktor app etc.

Sox, you've done a great job here, you've helped out so many people, well done you. You goin' ta heaven, mah boy.

If there's a way to keep the cache up, that would be awesome.

I love youse all. :D

gogo

Post by gogo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 am

Yes, I would definitively want donate. Working on firmware for this device is not an easy task, and you wouldn't believe things do cost money. It's just fantastic that the Pacemaker device is being kept alive by Sox at al. and I would be happy to support the community by chipping in some money.

soulpixel

Post by soulpixel » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:50 am

Yes

NyRo

Post by NyRo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Yes, of course

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:49 am

It seems Jonas (Pacemaker inventor) renewed our domain subscription for us towards the end of last year - thanks Jonas!
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

culman

Post by culman » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:22 pm

tankz for that!

Sheik

Post by Sheik » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Yezzz