Newly purchased device...not working.

Got a problem with your Pacemaker?
Don't worry, post here and we might be able to help out!
msquared1284

Newly purchased device...not working.

Post by msquared1284 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:39 pm

I just purchased a Pacemaker today at Best Buy. It was in the clearance section, seemed to be in good condition, if not new. Purchased it for over 200 dollars. Got back home, unpacked it, plugged it into my computer. The device turned on, showed the device's logo, showed the loading swirling screen, then it turns off and does it over again. The computer tells me that is getting a connection with something, but because of the constant restarting, the computer can't register it.

Someone please give me some good words of wisdom on how I can fix this problem. To be honest, I am not having a good day as I already had to return another screwed up device, and now seeming as though this one will be a bust too.

Please help.

djlard

Re: Newly purchased device...not working.

Post by djlard » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:59 pm

Leave it plugged in for a bit,then press the power button at the top. If that doesn't work hold the power button for about 20 seconds release then press again.

msquared1284

Post by msquared1284 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:08 pm

I assume to plug it into the computer?

djlard

Post by djlard » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Or power lead, just to make sure there's enough power in the battery to turn it on.

Does the play button flash at all?

msquared1284

Post by msquared1284 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:58 am

Well I actually have had it plugged into my computer for about 3 hours. I come back, turn it on and it still is doing the logo and loading swirl looping again. When it is plugged in, the forward and reverse skip, track 1/2, play/pause, and cue buttons flash together then turn off, then that is when the logo is on the screen and then the loading swirl. I am going to plug it into the wall for now. I am using the usb cable that came with the device and the standard usb wall connector for apple devices.

msquared1284

Post by msquared1284 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:06 am

I guess the question is, does the USB port on the device serve as a power source as well? If not, I feel I need to go get an adapter to get just a supply of power into the device. From what I have read on here is that the looping of start-up could be due to a lack of power in the device.

djlard

Post by djlard » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:55 am

I've charged mine up using USB with a laptop just takes longer.

Can You try this
Press and hold Rewind, FastForward and Channel 2 buttons and then Power on

You should see 4 options
1 Check filesystem.
2 Clean filesystem.
3 Restore hard drive.
4 Reboot.

msquared1284

Post by msquared1284 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:40 pm

I am able to get that screen. I have actually performed each of the tasks, with no change.

msquared1284

Post by msquared1284 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Would getting a wall adapter have any effect?

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:15 pm

Sounds like it is possibly not charging, but if can get in that debug menu and apply the actions to completion, maybe it is.

I would definately try a mains adapter.
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them