Pacemaker Boots up but stuck at loading screen

Got a problem with your Pacemaker?
Don't worry, post here and we might be able to help out!
anaru

Pacemaker Boots up but stuck at loading screen

Post by anaru » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:57 pm

So i've recently dusted my pacemaker off and decided to try and fix it. The reason I shelved it in the first place was it wouldn't get past the loading screen. no messages at all ( no fault codes but it will show the charging screen if plugged in when battery is exhausted ) and just constantly has the four colour circle spinning. De-bug menu will engage but cleaning the file system and reformatting from there didnt help the problem

Any ideas what i need to replace/check to get it going again?

thank you in advance

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Pacemaker Boots up but stuck at loading screen

Post by Sox » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:43 pm

Are you charging via usb? Sounds like the battery might be knackered and usb alone is not providing enough to power it.

I have a spare Pacemaker with no battery fitted. If I plug into PC usb, then I see the same symptoms as you. If I plug in the mains supply, it will turn on just fine.

In the first instance I recommend you buy a power adapter. This will prove is issue is solvable, and it will be useable as long as you are plugged in.
Then if it works, you might want to look into sourcing a new battery too
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

anaru

Post by anaru » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:02 am

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately using the AC adapter results in the same outcome. Could it be the HD is absolutely knackered ? I did notice while checking the file system on the debug menu it only displays about 3% 'complete' before displaying the "Let's mix! No Problem" message

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:08 pm

hmmm. I f the HDD was knackered I would probably expect an error message. I would also hope for someting top be reported durin gyour filesystem checking if the drive failed, not for it to simply abort the test. I wonder if the test actualyl complete so quick because you had realtively little on your drive compared to what it could hold?

So since you have an AC adapter, I assume you have not not only tried booting with it connected, but you have also recharged it for a period of time via AC rather than just usb. Th eunit will not power unless it has over 10% charge. Leave AC in for a few hours, then try booting it.

After that if it were mine I would attempt a reset to factory condition, even if it means not only via the debug menu option, but also manually downgrading the firmware with the original (factory shipped) firmware or the eariiest you can find (should be available via this website). We are not so trying to retain your tracks and mixes here, as trying to get a working device you can use.

anaru

Post by anaru » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:14 am

Yep done all that. How would i go about fully resetting it manually if it wont be recognized by the computer? (because it won't fully boot up)

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:40 pm

I note this thread was about the same problem as yours. May not be any new information in there but probably worth checking

Failing that this thread help to unbrick a user's Pacemaker after an upgrade. This is the only time I'm away of this info being used, but it worked for them. See the post from Pip on 3rd Nov 2012. Although it will require a connection to PC it first requires your to put the device into DPU mode as opposed to it working as a Mass Storage device that you are struggling with, so it may work.

Post back how you get on