Most Stable Firmware?

Got a problem with your Pacemaker?
Don't worry, post here and we might be able to help out!
kickastro

Most Stable Firmware?

Post by kickastro » Sun May 31, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello ,so I have been asked to DJ a 500 person party next weekend and am concerned about the 0201 Error that has plauged my device since upgrading to the latest Beta Firmware last winter. In 10 hours of recent playing the error has happened 3 times. I upgraded to a new battery and SSD to see if they would help, but the error still pops up. Any tips to avoid this? Or should I retrofit an older more stable version to be safe? If so which one? Cheers!

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Re: Most Stable Firmware?

Post by Sox » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:18 pm

I'd probably go for the last official release from Tonium which was 14142
http://pacemakerdevice.org/downloads/fi ... _14142.pfw

This one probably received the most amount of testing.
One problem though may be because you are downgrading, if the later version made any DB structure changes, it may not be backwardly compatible.

I downgrade the firmware and try it out. If problems, you may have to factory reset and sync all your tracks down again.

Good luck with the gig!
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

kickastro

Post by kickastro » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:16 am

Thanks. Any chance the 0201 error gets addressed in the future? Any thoughts on what is causing it? Cheers!

kickastro

Post by kickastro » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:57 am

So I ended up risking it and it crashed twice on me during my set. Sucked hard. I guess I will try the Tonium firmware you mentioned otherwise I will have to give these gigs up.

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Sorry to hear it affected your gig. I'm lucky enough that I have never had a 201 in all the time I've had mine, though I've since bought a DDJ-SX and haven't touched my PMD in the last year. I have used the version I recommended for most of the time since Tonium wrapped up, and although I have upgraded to one of the verisons since (the one that added scratch), I've hardly used it. I haven't bothered wwith any of the others as it didn't offer anything I would use, at the risk of having a less stable version.

I have no idea what causes it, and I think 201 is a generalised "something has gone wrong". Therefore could be multiple reasons for getting this error. I must say I can't really see this being fixed in the furture as the developer would need to pinpoint the exact cause, and there just isn't as much feedback from the user base these days. I also don't think we should expect many (if any) new versions in future).
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them