Poll - Did You Install The Beta Firmware?

Did you risk installing the beta firmware on your baby?

YES - Life on the edge, that's how I roll!
84%
NO - I played it safe
13%
MEH - Not interested (let me get back to my cassette tapes)
3%

Total votes: 32

p.2

Re: Poll - Did You Install The Beta Firmware?

Post by p.2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:02 pm

i upgrade it already.....i want to downgrade it to 14142

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:08 am

Oh ok. I have copies of all firmware versions but each is too big to email. I'll see about outting them all on the site and post up links
Never experiment with drugs.... you might waste them

charliehgate

Post by charliehgate » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:17 pm

p.2 wrote:i upgrade it already.....i want to downgrade it to 14142

All versions of firmware are here

http://pacemakerdevice.org/?page_id=22

charliehgate

Post by charliehgate » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Sox wrote:CharlieGate - That's what I'd be trying next if I were in your position and still having problems
Done a format, then installed beta from scratch. Had to put all my tunes back on, but all is good :-) no crashes or stutters in the last two hours :-)

charliehgate

Post by charliehgate » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Hiya folks :-)

Just wondering if there is any update to the beta in the pipe line? This crashing seems to be getting worse on my PMD? Dying to play a set at chrimbo parties, but dare'nt as I know it'll crash within half hour of starting a set!

Or is it just me? Could someone tell me what this error 0201 exactly is? Is it a firmware problem or does it mean my PDM is on its last legs?

Love the beta while it works & don't wanna downgrade the firmware again because the other versions ain't half as good (plus the betas the one I've used the most and got used to lol)

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:27 pm

0201 always was a bit of an "unknown error" error code. Is the beta really that bad? Nobody else has really reported a stability issue. Might be worth trying a hard disk check.

I use the last official firmware release and is pretty stable for me. Think it's only ever crashed the once. Don't feel I'm missing out on anything that was added in the beta.

I had heard there was going to be another version but haven't heard anything since. Even if there is I would have thought any future releases would be beta versions on a use at your own risk basis as the team haven't got the resources to put it through proper user testing. If we get any releases we should just count ourselves lucky.

charliehgate

Post by charliehgate » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Yeah is pretty unstable :-( for me anyway! crashed three times in an hour tonight!

How do I do a hard disc check sox? Might have to go back to same firmware as you mate?

Thanks for all your help!

Sox
Admin Sox
Admin Sox

Post by Sox » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:31 pm

How to... guide here

charliehgate

Post by charliehgate » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks sox. But I've just gone back to the last official like you suggested. Stable as stable can be lol

Like you say there's nothing really to miss from the updates. Beat lock was nice, but not relying on it keeps you on your toes in the mix.!